‘My Activity Today‘ is a service provided to you in your Google Account, When you use Google Chrome in websites or videos and other services, All your details related to your Google search are automatically saved in Google Activity,
Essentially ‘My Activity‘ is a central page that tracks everything you’ve searched for on Google and keeps it in one place, All your Google or YouTube activities like Google Maps, Google Photos are saved as your personal content list.
My Activity Today
Your activity on certain Google services, such as YouTube or Chrome Search, may be saved as history data to your account to personalize your experience on Google, ‘My Activity‘ collects your search information when you use Google services every day for users with a Google Account for a complete activity from Google Today, Yesterday, Week, Monthly account generation.
This ‘My Google Activity‘ keeps your search history safely saved while searching on Google while using YouTube or the Google Chrome browser, This ‘My Activity Today‘ helps make your experience on Google faster and more useful, Google recommends you websites or YouTube videos based on your interests when you search on Google Chrome or YouTube.
My Google Activity
Searches you’ve done on Google and websites you’ve visited You can easily view and check your Google activity like videos you’ve watched, ‘My Activity‘ is the main page where you can see your Google activity, including searches, sites you’ve searched and movies you’ve watched.
How to View/See My Activity in the Google App
- First open ‘Google Chrome‘.
- Visit ‘Settings‘ in your Google app.
- Select ‘Manage your Google Account‘ option in the menu.
- Click on the ‘Data and Privacy‘ option given at the top of the screen.
- Now, scroll down to find the ‘Activity and Timeline‘ section.
- Then click on the ‘My Activity‘ option on the same page.
- Now under ‘My Google Activity‘ you have Web & App Activity and Location History as well as YouTube History can browse and view a list of your activities along with their date and time.
Web & App Activity History
Google Web & App Activity tracks your activity when you use Google services, Google uses the information to create ads based on the information you’re looking for and to provide you with the information you’re looking for.
When you start using any Google service, the tech giant collects your web history data, so you must switch off Google web and app activity, Read on to learn how to switch off Google web and app activity in detail below.
- Visit https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity page in your browser.
- Select ‘Data & Personalization‘ on the left and then scroll down to Activity and Timeline.
- Select All time in the Delete activity box.
- Select which services you want to clear activity from.
- You can then click the Select All button to remove the activity from all categories.
- Select Delete in the confirmation window to permanently remove your activity.
- Select the icons for each service under “View and remove activity”.
- Now you can see what Google has recorded about you and delete the data if it bothers you
Your location history is saved when you enable location history in Google Maps, You can get a variety of benefits from Google Maps on your journey such as traffic updates and how far and how long it will take to get from one place to another, When you check the places you want to go on Google Maps and Google saves history on your phone based on the places you have visited.
You have full control over what is recorded in your Google Maps location history, You can change or delete your location history by viewing the places you’ve been in the Google Maps timeline, Do the following to activate location history on your Google Maps.
- Open Google Maps on your device.
- Now go to Google Maps menu.
- Select Maps Activity from the menu options that appear.
- Now you can view your Google account ‘Location History‘.
- Then turn location history on or off.
Sign in to YouTube from your Google Account and YouTube will track all your activity and save YouTube history, including videos you search and watch, YouTube history allows the website to know what kind of videos you like and suggest related videos to you, Since Google owns YouTube, users are concerned that anyone can access your data, If you disable this setting you can still use YouTube, but you will not have access to additional features.
- You can visit My Activity Page https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity.
- Click on ‘YouTube History‘.
- Go to Delete section.
- Delete is disabled by default.
- To stop the YouTube History option in your Google Account, use the Pause button.
- Select Delete activity to clear or ‘Delete YouTube History‘.
- Select a YouTube history of 3 months or more.
- Tap on Delete Your YouTube history will now be removed regularly.
Google Search History
If you have a Google Account, your profile information is saved in the “My Activity” settings, Google’s default settings prioritize the collection of your search data over your personal privacy, But the ‘Privacy Check Data & Personalization’ page makes it easy to see your search data history, This gives you more control over your Google Account.
How to I pause Google Tracking My Activity?
- Go to myaccount.google.com on your any device / desktop.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Go to “Data & privacy” from the left side menu.
- Google collects information and allows you to opt out.
- You can self-manage in the “Activity Controls” option.
- You can also adjust your options by clicking the activity link – https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity.
- If you choose not to pause, all of your activity will be marked as “Paused“.