Google Takeout also known as Download Your Data, is a project of the Google Data Liberation Front, Google Takeout Since its creation Google has added more services to Takeout due to popular demand from users, It allows users of Google products such as Google Maps, YouTube and Gmail to export their data to a downloadable archive file.
Google Takeout is a convenient way to download or transfer your Google-related history data, A user can export data from all services or select and download data from specific services from Google’s digital world.
Users can download a copy of the data in their Google Workspace account from ‘Google Takeout‘, Google Drive and YouTube, Google Maps user can download data from all available services integrated with Takeout, It allows users to download data as zip or tgz files.
‘Google Takeout‘ can handle over 50 different types of data, including emails, files, calendars and contacts, Google users can use this software to download or save their workspace data locally.
‘Google Takeout‘ will optionally send an email notification that the export is complete after downloading, At that point the user can download the archive from the downloads section of the website, The zip file contains a separate folder for each service selected for export.
How to Open Google Takeout Files
- Install and open https://takeout.google.com.
- Now use “Add Files” or “Add Folders” options to upload files.
- After you select the downloaded Google Takeout archives, click the OK option.
- Go to Google Takeout Files in the Software section.
- Select the Google Takeout file you want to see the information in the email file.
- Also allows exporting email messages in CSV, text, HTML and PDF formats.
- Search for Google Takeout files using the search filter option.
- You open Google Takeout files and now the app offers multiple preview options.
How to Takeout Google Photos
- First go to takeout.google.com on your device.
- Make sure you are logged in to your Google account.
- Click Uncheck ‘Find All’ in the product list.
- Scroll down and find Google Photos.
- Click on the checkbox on the right side of the screen.
- Click All Photo Albums and select which albums you want to export.
- Click on All is selected by default.
- Scroll down the screen and click Next Step.
- Select frequency, file type and size.
- You can choose to export one or extradulate them in the future.
- You can choose between .zip and .tgz files.
- Also size can be selected before exports are split into multiple files.
- Now click Create Export.
- After you go through these steps,
- Google will start creating the export for you based on the options you choose
- Depending on how much data you’re pulling.
- It can take hours or days for Google to compile and make everything available.
- Once the export is ready, you’ll receive an email to that Google account letting you know the export is ready for download.
How to Use Google Takeout to Backup Google Drive
- Go to www.google.com/takeout.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Check the services you want to back up and select “Create Archive”. “
- Select all or individual services you want to back up.
- Click Next.
- Click Create Archive.
- Wait for the zip folders of your data to be created.
- The length of this process depends on the amount of data you are backing up.
- You will receive an email notification once the process is complete.
- A notification will let you know how long your backup is available.
- To see your backup files “View your available archive.
- Your backup files are stored in 2 GB increments.
- Download the appropriate zipped files.
- Click Show Exports to see all files.
How to Takeout GMail Data
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Now go to Google Takeout.
- Accessing Gmail data involves 2 steps.
- “Select data to include” and “Select file type, frequency and destination”.
- First start with the first step “Select data to include”.
- You will get data from all Google services so you need to click on Uncheck All.
- Check the Search for “mail” checkbox so you can find Gmail.
- Click on “All Mail Data Included” to show the mailbox/label option.
- Scroll down in the main takeout window. Click on “Next Step” button
- You have now completed the first step.
- You are now in the second step.
- “Select file type, frequency and destination”. Select “Delivery Method”.
- You can find the download link with email or on different cloud providers like Dropbox or OneDrive.
- Keep in mind that emails can be GBs large and require that much free space in the cloud.
How to Takeout Google Contacts
- Sign in to the Gmail account only the account you want to save contacts to.
- Now select “Google Apps” in the top-right corner and then select Contacts.
- Select More in the Google Contacts app.
- Then tap Import Contacts.
- Now press the Choose File button to find the VCF file to import.
- Now press the Import button to start the import process.
- Now “Contacts imported successfully” notification will appear on the screen.
How to Takeout Google Maps Timeline
- Select Maps to see all data of your Takeout.
- You cannot modify the data file formats provided in Google Maps.
- Other than things like your navigation feedback and your personalization, feedback, most files are imported in JSON format.
- Data can be imported in XML and CSV formats.
- Select the data you want to import by clicking All Maps Data.
- Uncheck the data you want to exclude.
- Once you have completed your selections, press OK.
How to Takeout Youtube Watch History Data
- First you go to the YouTube homepage.
- You log in with your Google account.
- Look for the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- A YouTube channel can be a brand account linked to another Google Account.
- First, deselect the All Applications option.
- Now select YouTube and then click “All YouTube data included“.
- Deselect the option you don’t like.