DeLink Aadhaar from PhonePe account Following India’s Supreme Court order, PhonePe users are looking to the PhonePe App to delink their Aadhaar number, saying it is unconstitutional to force people to link their mobile numbers and bank accounts with it even though Aadhaar is a valid document.
This is good news for those who have not yet linked their PhonePe and other accounts with their Aadhaar, for those who have already linked them, to delink their Aadhaar from their PhonePe accounts, the customer should contact the concerned customer service.
PhonePe app was launched in August 2016 based on Unified Payments Interface (UPI), PhonePe app is available in 11 Indian languages, Using PhonePe, users can send and receive money, Can recharge mobile, DTH, data cards, make utility payments, pay at shops, invest in tax saving funds, buy liquid funds, insurance, mutual funds and digital gold.
PhonePe is an Indian digital payments and financial services company headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka, India, PhoePe and other service providers are likely to start the Aadhaar card delinking process in the coming days, mobile banking service providers will have to come out with clear guidelines to be followed in the process of delinking Aadhaar with number related services.
Delink Aadhaar from PhonePe Account
Delink Aadhaar from PhonePe is a personal right of users Digital wallets like PhonePe no longer ask for Aadhaar related data for verification, The Supreme Court ruled that linking one’s Aadhaar number to a bank account is unconstitutional, Linking Aadhaar with bank accounts is not mandatory, but banks do not force people to do so.
This step is taken considering the privacy risks associated with the Aadhaar number as the user’s personal information is linked to it, Bank or PhonePe users e-wallet or mobile wallet users and mobile subscribers no longer need to use their Aadhaar number.
You must already know about linking Aadhaar card numbers with PhonePe digital wallets and other services, But you will know the process of delinking Aadhaar card number from PhonePe and other services, To unlink Aadhaar card from PhonePe Account, you need to call PhonePe’s respective customer care.
Request them about the process of unlinking your Aadhaar number, on your request you will receive an email from PhonePe customer service asking them to send you a soft copy of your Aadhaar card, Again if you mail the soft copy of your Aadhaar card to PhonePe Customer Care then your PhonePe Aadhaar Unlink process will be completed.
How to Delink / Unlink Aadhaar Number from PhonePe Account
- Users should call PhonePe customer care first.
- Users can call PhonePe Customer Support Center at 080-68727374 / 022-68727374 using these numbers.
- Select your desired language.
- Choose the language you speak.
- Dial the option according to the IVRS voice prompts to talk to PhonePe Customer Care.
- After your call connects with the PhonePe customer care executive, request them that you need to delink your Aadhaar number from your PhonePe account.
- PhonePe Customer Care will receive your Aadhaar delinking request, You will receive an email from PhonePe regarding the deletion of Aadhaar from your PhonePe account within seconds of receiving the Aadhaar number delink or unlink request.
- PhonePe Customer Support will send a reply mail to your Aadhaar unlink request email saying “Dear Customer, To process your request, we request you to send a clear image of your updated Aadhaar card with us for verification.
- PhonePe Customer Support should reply to that email by uploading scanned copy of your Aadhaar in mail to them.
- After you reply the scanned copy of your Aadhaar to the same email that PhonePe Customer Support gave you, you will get a reverse back confirmation email saying “Your Aadhaar details will be delinked in 72 hours”.
- After 72 hours you can check your PhonePe account to see if your Aadhaar has been delinked from your PhonePe account.
Can we delink aadhar from PhonePe?
Call PhonePe Customer Support and inform the agent that you want to unlink Aadhaar card, Delinking Aadhaar number to Phonepe will remove your complete KYC.
How can I unlink my Aadhar card from KYC?
If you are a PhonePe account holder or any bank account holder then you can call the concerned Customer Support and request to unlink Aadhaar, PhonePe or other Bank Customer Care may ask you to email the scanned copy of your Aadhaar, After emailing your scanned copy of Aadhaar, they will send you a confirmation message unlinking Aadhaar.
How can I delink my Aadhar card from any app?
Contact the Customer Support of your Bank or any App Service Provider, select the option to de-link your Aadhaar number to your Bank or PhonePa account