Safari is a web browser developed by Apple company. It is built into Apple’s operating systems, including MacOS, iOS and iPadOS, and is the second largest web browser in the world, Your browsing details are saved when you use Safari Browsing Safari only works on Apple devices Your search history is saved on devices like Apple iPhone, including your MacOS, iOS and iPadOS.
Clearing your browser history is important as it not only improves the overall performance of the Safari app but also makes it a more secure way to browse the web, Want to Clear Your Browsing History to Erase Your Online Activity Knowing how to clear your web history can help you protect your privacy online.
How to Clear/Delete My Activity on Safari Any Device
Saving your browsing data in Safari takes up some space on your device. So, clearing it can also get you some extra storage, From Safari on iPhone to desktop Google Chrome, learn how to delete search history from major browsers on all your devices.
Regularly Clear Your Browsing History in Safari You can remove all records that Safari keeps of where you’ve browsed for a period of time you choose, If your Mac and your other Apple devices have Safari turned on in iCloud settings, your browsing history will be removed from all of them.
- Open ‘Safari‘ on your device.
- After opening Safari click on ‘Bookmarks‘.
- Now select ‘Search History‘.
- You will now see your ‘recent history‘ in Safari.
- Tap and hold on the ‘Safari Recent History‘ link and now the Delete option will appear.
- Click on ‘delete‘ to clear from history.
- You need to delete all your ‘Safari search history‘ i.e. click on clear and clear all Safari web history.
How to Delete My Safari Activity on iPhone
- Open ‘Settings‘ on your Apple iPhone.
- Scroll down the screen and click on ‘Safari‘.
- Now scroll down the screen and click on “Clear History and Website Date“.
- You will see the link “Clear History and Website Date” on the screen, click on the link.
- Now it shows ‘Close Tabs‘ and ‘Keep Tabs‘ options at the bottom of the screen.
- You click on ‘Keep Tabs‘ and now all your Safari search history and website date is cleared.
How to Clear My Safari Activity on Ipad
- First open Safari web browser on your iPod.
- Locate and tap the Bookmarks icon at the top of the screen.
- You can view the history of recent web browser visits from the screen on your iPod.
- Click on the clock shape below the History option.
- View recent search history in Safari.
- Click Clear to delete the website or video you visited on iPod.
- Now your old Safari browsing history on your iPod is cleared.
How to Delete My Safari Activity on Mac
- First open and turn on your ‘Apple Mac‘.
- Locate ‘Safari’ on your Apple Mac.
- Go to the menu bar at the top of the home page, locate ‘Safari‘ and click on it
- Then select ‘Clear History‘ from the options that appear.
- Now a Popup page will open titled Clearing history will remove related cookies and other website data.
- Select ‘History Time‘ in Clear Box on Popup page.
- In the options that appear you can select and ‘clear the history‘ for a day or two.
- If you want to clear the entire Safari searching history select “All History” and tap on ‘Clear History‘.
- Now all your search history in Safari is deleted.