Google Maps is one of the most popular apps around the world, Google Maps makes it easy to find new places and is preinstalled on most Android and Yes phones, The Google Maps app tries to track your location history, Google Maps records the places you visit, if you visit the same places multiple times like hotels but temples and shopping malls it recommends you to rate your experience at those places.
If you use your iPhone or Android and desktop Google Maps, your map search history is stored on Google servers, Google tracks your data through the web & mobile app to collect and use it to provide you with easier ways to use Google services, It remembers the places you have searched or shared and visited on Maps, If you don’t want to share specific directions or the location you’ve visited with Google, you can delete it.
How to Clear My Activity on Google Maps
Google Maps may be a useful feature, but knowing that Google is recording your every move is probably more of a concern than a benefit for privacy-conscious users, While this is helpful, the more data you share with Google, the more personalized your experience with the service becomes, This might bother privacy-minded people that Google is recording your every move.
But Google Maps users need not worry, you can delete Google Maps history through website or mobile app, Others don’t want to see an awkward search You can easily delete your Google Maps search history in the Android and iOS apps as well as in the desktop browser, You can remove visited places from your Google Maps history so that those places don’t appear in your recent searches.
Because your data is deleted from Google’s servers, it doesn’t matter which device you complete the process from, meaning clearing it on a computer will make it disappear from your phone, Find out what these Google Maps recorded activities are and how you can delete them in the step-by-step detailed steps below to delete Google Maps activity on all your devices.
How to Delete My Google Maps Activity on iPhone
- Follow the steps below to delete some places from your Google Maps history.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the ‘Google Maps App‘ and sign in.
- Tap your profile picture or initial ‘Account‘ circle on the right side of the screen.
- Select and click ‘Settings‘ from the options menu that appears.
- Click on ‘Maps History‘ on the next page.
- Now you can see your ‘Google Maps History‘.
- Tap on the ‘X‘ of the Google Maps history you want to clear and then delete it.
- If you want to delete entire google map history then select ‘Delete‘ option under maps activity on right side and click on ‘Delete All Time‘ and clear entire history.
How to Delete My Google Maps Activity on Android
- Follow the below topics to delete some places from your Android mobile Google Maps history.
- Open the ‘Google Maps‘ app on your Android phone or tablet and sign in.
- Tap your profile picture or initial ‘Account‘ circle.
- Select ‘Settings‘ from the options menu that appears and click on ‘Maps History‘ on the page.
- Now you can see your Android ‘Google Maps History‘.
- Tap on the ‘X‘ of the maps history you want to delete and then delete.
- If you want to delete the entire Google Map history, select the ‘Delete‘ option on the right side under Maps Activity.
- Then click on ‘Delete‘ All Time to clear the entire history.
How to Delete My Google Maps Activity on Any Device
- Follow the below steps to delete some places or complete history from Google Maps history on your device.
- Open the ‘Google Maps‘ on your device and sign in.
- Tap on the ‘Three Dashed Circle‘ from the left side menu.
- Select and click ‘Maps Activity‘ from the options menu that appears.
- Now you will see ‘Google Maps History‘ on your device.
- Now tap on the ‘X‘ of the Google Maps history you want to delete and then delete it.
- If you want to delete a day or entire Google Maps history select the ‘Delete‘ option on the right side under Maps Activity.
- Then click on ‘Delete All Time‘ to clear the entire Google Map history.