How to Change UPI ID, Change PhonePe UPI ID, UPI ID Change, Google Pay UPI ID change.
Unified Payment Interface (UPI) is a new payment method introduced in India, UPI transactions have increased exponentially in India, the user does not need any account information to transfer funds under UPI, UPI is a system that powers multiple bank accounts into a single mobile application, integrating multiple banking features, merchant payments under one roof.
There are many UPI apps available on Google Play Store and Apple Store, Popular apps like PhonePe, Gpay and Paytm use the functionality of BHIM apps and serve the users by providing many services like recharge, pay bills etc.
UPI ID Change
Every UPI user is issued a unique UPI ID through which you can transfer and receive money, By default most UPI handlers give mobile number as UPI ID, but if you want to update your UPI ID, you can, UPI is a banking system for transferring money across payment apps, To add a bank account to Google Pay or PhonePe, Paytm, your bank must work with UPI.
Your UPI ID is the address that normally identifies your bank name in UPI, Sometimes you may not be able to connect to your bank server or make payments using UPI, In that case, you can change UPI ID anytime, Your UPI ID is a unique address that identifies you on UPI, To know how to change your UPI ID using Google Pay or PhonePe, Paytm, here are the steps you need to follow.
How to Change UPI ID Via BHIM App
- BHIM App Open on your Mobile Phone and enter the Passcode to enter into the app.
- Tap on the profile icon from the menu.
- You will see the UPI ID associated with the app then tap on ADD UPI ID option under this ID.
- Enter the new UPI ID of your choice and tap on Check Availability.
- Confirm UPI ID if Available Otherwise you can try another UPI ID.
- Press CONFIRM to change the UPI ID of your choice.
- You must set it as default, after creating a new UPI ID.
- Tap on the Primary option in the app and then select the newly created UPI ID to set it as primary.
- You can now share your favorite Koha UPI ID to receive or send payment.
How to Google Pay UPI ID Change
- There is no option to change UPI ID in Gpay.
- You can change the extension after the @ in your VPA.
- Open the Google Pay app on your phone and enter a passcode or fingerprint to log in.
- Tap on your profile icon on the app home page.
- Click on bank name and then tap on UPI ID.
- Choose the extension you wish to convert from the list, such as okaxis, oksbi, okhdfc, okicici, and so on.
- The app on your phone verifies and processes the request by sending an SMS.
How to Change PhonePe UPI ID
- Open the app and enter passcode or fingerprint to login to PhonePe app.
- Tap on your profile icon in the top left corner of the PhonePe app.
- Tap on MY BHIM UPI ID option from the list.
- You can claim two more new UPI id of your choice.
- Click on ADD NEW BHIM UPI ID option at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the new UPI ID of your choice, the app will automatically check if the entered ID is available.
- Tap on CONTINUE to generate New UPI ID.
- On the next screen, tap on the newly created UPI ID to set it as primary.
How to Update UPI ID in Paytm
- Open the Paytm app and login to the app by entering the password.
- You swipe the UPI option to the right of the main page menu.
- Tap the UPI icon, then the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner.
- Then choose the Edit UPI ID option.
- Enter your preferred new ID and press the Continue button.
- Your UPI ID has now been updated to the new ID.
Is it possible to change UPI ID?
Choose the bank account whose UPI ID you want to modify. Select Manage UPI IDs now. Tap the plus icon '+,' which is placed to the right of the UPI ID, and then pick the desired UPI ID.
How do I delete my UPI ID and create a new account?
Banks currently do not allow the removal of UPI IDs directly from their mobile applications. To deactivate the IDs, go to your bank branch and submit a UPI deactivation request. Within a few days, the bank will accept your request, process it, and disable the UPI function from your account.
Can I change my GPAY account?
On your phone, only one Google Account can be logged into the Google Pay app at a time. If you want to use a different Google Account, sign out of the app through the settings and sign in with your other personal Google Account. To switch Google Accounts, log out and sign back in with a different Google Account.